What is a photostory?
A photostory is a new term in visual storytelling that is a combination of a real or fictitious story and a related photographic image. There is undeniable evidence promoting and encouraging the use of this concept: photos are simply stronger with stories and stories have a bigger impact with a photo.
How can I write a photostory?
Don’t stress about it, we will explain you in seven easy steps:
- Go to write a story page and start thinking about your story style (“I want to write a photojournalist piece or maybe a fictitious photostory…”).
- Now, let’s get our hands dirty! You can either first choose a photo and write a story for it OR match your already written story with the photo – both photo and the story should be about something important or interesting :D
- Keep your story short (1000 characters max), it will have the readers focused till the end!
- Make a draft in Word (or similar) and let it check the spelling for you.
- Then you can upload your photo and the story on write a story page. Don’t forget the title!
- Mark the appropriate categories below to attract the right audience for your story.
- And you’re done!! Your photostory will be reviewed and published in no time (or reverted to you if there’s an issues).
Happy writing, my friend!
How can I submit my own story?
Give me a reason why I should join Photostories International!?
Nope, we give you nine reasons.
How are the stories on the front page chosen?
The front page slider showcases the 10 most popular stories at the moment. The popularity is based on the number of shares in social media.
What does the free editing and writing support mean?
If you purchase a Golden Crane Membership, you can choose to have three stories per month edited by our professional editor. The story will be automatically published when the editor has finished the work.
Why is Photostories International a curated website?
Before stories are published on the Photostories International website, an anonymous review process is applied to ensure our high quality standards.
What is the order of the small photostories on the front page?
The newest photos are shown on the small images of the front page.
Can I buy one of the stories?
Yes, you are welcome to buy individual stories. There is a shopping basket after each story. You can send us a request and we make you an offer which suits your needs.
Are all the stories reviewed before publishing?
Yes, all the stories will be reviewed (anonymously) to make sure the high quality standards are met.
Is there an APP for photo stories.international?
For iOS, you can easily add it to the home screen: Add to iOS home screen. Other options will follow…
I have published my story, but instead of my name there is “PHOTOSTORY BY: STORY AND PHOTO LOVER“?
Yes, this is correct. To have your public name (chosen in profile settings) mentioned with your story, you should consider upgrading to CREATIVE ARTIST & CHANGEMAKER or GOLDEN PHOTOSTORY CRANE. This would also allow you to publish more stories.
How can I cancel my PayPal subscription?
You can cancel your subscription through your PayPal account.
I really like this website. Is there a way to make a donation to support the platform?
Yes, we are very happy to welcome donations to support Photostories International. You can contact us by email for more information.