9 Reasons to Join Photostories International
We believe that powerful photos and stories can change the world, and inspiring others is our life goal. To make sure you understand the possibilities and the special opportunity that lies in front of you, we wanted to clarify the main reasons for you to join the photostory community.
1. Combining photos with stories – new recipe for success. This new trend is emerging and there is undeniable evidence promoting the combination of photos and stories: photos are simply stronger with stories and stories have a bigger impact with a photo. Expecting quality to ensure the best experience for our readers, writers and photographers, Photostories International is dedicated to publish and share short visual stories made for our new modern lifestyle – with a purpose.
2. Time well spent. Photostories International doesn’t waste your time! Unlike social media platforms, Photostories International is a curated website accepting only high quality photos and stories to make sure your time is well spent and you’ll have an enjoyable experience in our online gallery. As a photographer and/or writer, you can also be confident that your work is valued and presented with your best interests in mind; the website is carefully designed to promote the unique visual and emotional reading experience.
3. Want to inspire others and change the world? If you believe that powerful photos and stories can have a positive impact on others and change lives, we are happy to welcome you to our photostory community to share this message and to make a difference. By sharing stories, we can motivate and wake up the dead, we can spread knowledge and raise awareness, we can create smiles and help with sorrow, and we can lift our heads into the clouds and write about a better future… This visual storytelling site is made for you who have the courage to imagine, believe and act!
4. Fair trade. We know it’s difficult to exhibit work and find the right audience, no matter how amazing photos you’ve taken or stories you’ve written. This is why we want to make a fair deal with you! We will provide you worldwide audience and you will promise to show us the best work you’ve got – this way we will both win! Let me explain what this really means… Photostories International offers you:
- free exhibition space
- publicity through online sharing, newsletters and digests (=free marketing for worldwide audience)
- publication in photostory books
- market place to sell your work
- possibility to advertise your website and skills
5. Premium services. To make sure your stories are as good as you wish them to be, our premium services offer writing and editing assistance to perfect your stories (Golden Photostory Crane -membership). Furthermore, premium members are eligible for surprise discounts on photography equipment and programs to encourage self-improvement and even better photostories.
6. Creative journalism and visual storytelling at its best. There is a hidden storyteller in each and every one of us, and we want to make sure that the world hears your story – the real story. We also know that stories will empower photos and give them the biggest chance to succeed and reach the eyes and ears of the world. Photostories International is your chance to join the movement of creative journalism and visual story telling – let’s shake the world and make it better together by telling powerful stories!
7. Weekend challenges designed for you. We understand that not everyone is passionate about both photography and writing, yet it has been proven that photos and stories together raise the audience experience to a completely different level. To overcome this challenge, we decided to create a bridge between the two groups! During the weekend, you can choose to write a story for a photo or to match your photo with a story. You are also welcome to submit a story or a photo for our pools to challenge others; both the author and the photographer will be credited, of course. These challenges are simply addictive. 😉
8. Our users love the photostory community: “The website was so engaging and harmonious. It was like jumping into another world and I felt somehow peaceful while reading and surfing around the site; it was so addictive that I couldn’t stop reading… and it was wonderful to see great photos of such diverse topics in one place and easily accessible: people, places, nature and even feelings. I cannot wait to come back!”
9. Support for world saviours – NGOs and other non-profits. We’re not joking when we talk about changing the world. In addition to free publishing rights, NGOs and other non-profits are welcome to apply for free premium services and share their knowledge on important causes. Photostories are a perfect way to spread awareness and to get people involved in important causes.